Dr. Zasio will define and describe Hoarding Disorder and distinguish it from general messiness or disorganization, showing how our fascination with hoarding stems from the fact that most of us fall somewhere on the hoarding continuum. She will also describe the methods used by psychologists who work with clients suffering from this paralyzing problem, teaching them to re-build their lives in a way that doesn't allow hoarding to prevent them from enjoying life.
- Friday, October 13th
- 7:00 PM
- Ohlone College, Fremont, CA
- Jackson Theater for the Performing Arts
- $10 Student with valid ID, $15 General Admission
- What is Hoarding Disorder and how does it develop?
- Why do people hoard, and why can't they just “throw it all out”?
- Why are we all so fascinated by Hoarding Disorder?
- How can Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and “Exposure & Response Prevention” help?